• banner history

We produced machines - now we create whole worlds

Development from a mechanical engineering company to a global systems provider for intelligent mobility

It has been a long journey for us. From steam-powered machines, today we create whole worlds of solutions, which help people all around the world.

Our company was founded by two people. The family line of Dr.-Ing. Carl Bachmann – now the 5th generation – is still alive in it up to present time. During the Second World War, Scheidt & Bachmann was almost fully destroyed by bomb attacks. The restoration began immediately after the war ended with 100 of the original 1,000 employees.

Our story shows that our employees are our driving force, mainly in hard times. Also, thanks to them we a step closer to the customers.

1872

The salesman Friedrich Scheidt and the engineer Carl Bachmann found the company Scheidt & Bachmann in Mönchengladbach. During the first years Scheidt & Bachmann produced textile machines, transmissions and small steam-powered machines.

1875

The founders changed their plan and started producing signalling devices. Signalling systems is our company’s division with the longest history.

1914

Scheidt & Bachmann relocates its registered office to a newly established plant in Rheydt which today is a district of Mönchengladbach.

1932

The company starts producing devices for petrol stations. The Fuel retail solutions division was founded in this year.

1945

During the Second World War Scheidt & Bachmann is almost fully destroyed by bomb attacks. Rebuilding begins immediately after the war ends with 100 of the original 1,000 employees.

1966

The company begins to develop and manufacture parking centre systems. Since then this business division complements the product portfolio of Scheidt & Bachmann. At this time microprocessor technology is integrated for the first time. Scheidt & Bachmann is Europe-wide among the first companies realising the potential of this groundbreaking technology and applying it in automated systems. A software development department is exclusively established for this purpose.

1978

The Fare collection systems business division is established and completes the four business divisions as they still are operating today.

1995

Prof. Ing. Ladislav Skýva, DrSc. met the owner of Scheidt & Bachmann, Dr.h.c. Gert Miller at University of Žilina. Their conversation led to the establishment of the Slovak company Dopravné systémy Scheidt & Bachmann s.r.o. The very good relationships with University of Žilina last to this day.

The first employees of Scheidt & Bachmann Slovensko were two university graduates. Today they are part of the leadership of the Slovak company.

2004

Dr.-Ing. Norbert Miller takes over the position of managing director from his father.

2005

In Slovakia, the production of operating devices began at the site on Priemyselná Street in Žilina. Already more than 100 employees work for the company at this time.

2010

In order to strengthen the brand in Slovakia, the company name changes to Scheidt & Bachmann Slovensko. It was previously Dopravné systémy Scheidt & Bachmann.

2012

A major enlargement of the company’s operating premises starts; foundations of the new buildings are laid. One of the most beautiful industrial sites in the whole country begins to grow.

2015

Due to fast expansion, Fare collection systems division, at the home site on Priemyselná Street, moves into new premises. The divisions also enlarge with teams in Bratislava. Production capacities increases and the number of employees exceeds 500.

Today

Scheidt & Bachmann Slovensko employs the most IT workers in Žilina. The production of devices in Slovakia is very successful and makes a good name for the Made in Slovakia brand. Scheidt & Bachmann Slovensko proves how well rich German know-how functions in the hands of skilled Slovak employees. At the end of the journey there is a common objective; satisfied customers all around the world.