We are breaking records with eco-mobility. We are one of the Slovak leaders!
Ranking of Slovak companies
At the start of the competition, which took place through June, we lined up with a 132-member peloton. The weather was kind to us, sometimes even hot, but the kilometres grew comfortably. We went to work not only on bicycles, but also on ebikes, scooters, public transport, and some of us exchanged their cars for “pedibus“. In the end, 123 colleagues reached the finish line and the results showed record numbers: 2.407 rides and 22.094 eco-friendly km, of which:
- 18.909 km by bicycle,
- 1.063 km on foot,
- 2.121 km by public transport.
We saved a total of more than 5.3 tons of CO2 and ranked 9th in the national ranking of companies (out of 1.307 registered companies).
In addition to the company competition, the Bike to work also organises a competition among municipalities and within towns. Our company has branches in Žilina, Bytča and Bratislava. But since the town of Bytča did not participate in the campaign, employees commuting to Bytča recorded their rides under the town of Žilina. Therefore, we were represented there by 122 colleagues who formed 33 teams. They managed to make 2.154 rides and cover 15.005 eco km. Even these record numbers were not enough for us to take the first place among 80 registered companies. But at least we managed to defend last year's second place.
In Bratislava, our 3 teams with 10 participants achieved their record position. They finished in a great 20th place out of 296 registrated companies – thanks to the 3.876 km they covered during 241 rides!
- Best cyclist: Tomáš Benč (Bratislava/FCS) – 1 422 km / 40 rides
- Best female cyclist: Daniela Makuchová (Bytča/QS) – 514 km / 24 rides
- The best walker: Tibor Kočiš (Žilina/FCS) – 181 km / 31 rides
- The hardest walker: Anna Rástočná (Žilina/Finance) – 102 km / 30 trips
- The most frequent public transport passenger: Jozef Páleš (Žilina/PS) – 782 km / 38 trips (+ 270 km by bike)
- The most frequent public transport female passenger: Natália Šukalová (Bytča/Purchasing) – 62 km / 20 trips (+ 22 km on foot and 40 km on bike)
- Best cycling team & Best cycling team in Bratislava: Ale Pali To Dal (Tomáš Benč, Alexander Varádi, Pavol Polec, Dalibor Zliechovec) – 2 961 km / 112 rides
- Best cycling team in Bytča: The Expendables (Ján Fuček, Dušan Škunda, Jaroslav Ďuriš, Daniel Čech) – 2 634 km / 104 rides
- The best cycling team in Žilina: Cyklotorpéda (Branislav Lulek, Peter Mosor, Milan Kamenský, Jozef Páleš) – 1 284 km / 88 rides
- Best walking team: Cyklóni (Martin Grmela, Katarína Labudová, Jaroslav Mitterpach, Anna Rástočná) – 217 walking km / 67 trips
- Best public transport team: Cyklotorpéda (Branislav Lulek, Peter Mosor, Milan Kamensky, Jozef Páleš) – 1 224 km / 56 trips
We ended the exceptional year with a joint cyclorama breakfast, which took place on Friday, 1st July, in our branches in Žilina, Bytča and Bratislava. We evaluated our performances, filled our hungry bellies, replenished our drinking regime and posed together in T-shirts with the logo of our company's 150 years and bicycles in front of the lens.